I'm a picky Ranch Dressing person. I am. I've never liked any Ranch Dressing out of a bottle, it just doesn't taste good. Well, my search is over, this is IT! This Ranch Dressing is the best I've tried. It's from a recipe that's roaming around the internet called "dump ranch" by @wholesisters on Instagram.... because you just dump it all in and mix! I listed the specific fresh herbs I added below. Fresh herbs make it really tasty. It couldn't be easier. What's even better? It's dairy-free! There's more....it's made with olive oil, a healthy fat.
It's Super Bowl Sunday today. For many people that means fooooooood. It doesn't mean you have to load up on chips, wings, pizza, burgers, hot dogs and all the crap that can go hand in hand with game day!
I'm serving up a hearty chili with some healthy fixings, like onions and cilantro.... I'm also serving a bunch of veggies. Veggies can be kind of boring...unless you have the ultimate DIP to go with them! This Ranch is so delicious, I bet no one would know it wasn't full of buttermilk! Enough talk, here's the recipe....
You can use a blender for this recipe, just don't add the herbs until the end and pulse in. Otherwise it will turn green and affect the taste. It works great with an immersion or stick blender...that's how I make it.
Put all the following ingredients in a narrow container or jar, like a mason jar that your immersion blender can fit into...
- 1 egg (some say it needs to be room temp, I didn't do this and it worked great;)
- 1 cup "light tasting olive oil" (this is key)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder (granulated garlic)
- 1/2 cup full fat unsweetened coconut milk
Put your immersion blender at the bottom, blend for 1 minute. At the end move it up slowly to mix all the oil in. Once it's all mixed add...
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill weed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro (if you don't like cilantro, use parsley)
If it's chopped fine, just fold it in. Or throw it in and blend briefly until mixed in!
SO tasty!! Enjoy as a dip or salad dressing.... or slather it on anything and everything! :)