Last year I started cleaning up my act in new ways besides just nutrition. I started my Safe Product Movement where I encouraged you to start learning how to detox your home. Since then I have made so many healthy changes.
I was one of those who would buy all the fragranced candles at Target. While I enjoyed the scent, I started to learn more about just how toxic they can be. So I learned more about making a healthier switch....
My most recent switch was getting an aromatherapy diffuser for my home. I'd heard they had healthy benefits, but every time I saw one I was honestly put off by how ugly they were. Until I came across this bamboo one....
It has mood lights too which I thought would be kinda cheesy when I picked it out, but I now love the colors! It's so pretty and completely customizable. You can set the color, have the colors rotate, or turn it off which I do at night.
You can also set the diffuser to fit your needs. It can be continuous or intermittent and shuts off automatically. I love using essential oils that fit my mood and needs. When I'm wanting to freshen my home, I love Lemon or Peppermint. I love using lavender at night and it's helping me sleep really well! When we were sick recently, I used "Breathe" by DoTERRA while we slept and it really helped our sinuses and respiration.
I decided to share this pretty Bamboo Diffuser with you because after posting this video on Instagram stories, I got SO many messages asking me about it!
Here are some of the BENEFITS of using a Diffuser in your home and some essential oils to try for certain purposes:
- SAFER alternative to some candles and incense for your family and pets - any
- Freshens the home - lemon, peppermint, any you like
- Purifies the air - tea tree, sage, rosemary, grapefruit, lemon, thyme
- Can help with relaxation and sleep - chamomile, lavender, clary sage
- Can help elevate mood - lemon, sweet orange, jasmine, rose, scotch pine, sandalwood, vanilla
- Can help you breathe easier - rosemary, lemon, eucalyptus, peppermint
- Can help with Pain Relief - ginger, chamomile, lavender, eucalyptus, clary sage, rosemary, bergamot
- Can help your immune system - tea tree, sage, rosemary, grapefruit, lemon, thyme or DoTERRA "On Guard"
- Can help improve cognitive function - peppermint, eucalyptus, lemon
- Can help repel insects - clove, lemongrass, rosemary, cedarwood
I love my diffuser and use it during the day....and at night! I love that it's another holistic addition to my healthy lifestyle. If you give it a try I'd love to hear how you like it! Comment below with how you like it, how you use it, and any oils you love!
What a great gift idea! You could give a loved one this beautiful Bamboo Diffuser and a great starter essential oils set with scents like Lavender, lemon, tea tree and peppermint! If you're looking for specialty essential oils or blends, feel free to ask as I have some friends who sell essential oils and can point you in a direction to get help choosing some.
Want more tips to Detox you home? I'll send you my "15 Tips to Detox Your Home"! Get your printable PDF HERE!
Learn more about making the switch to the SAFER, high performing skin care and makeup that I use and love HERE!