If you've followed me for a while, you know how I love my Ginger Lemon Tea. It was actually my very first blog post EVER and many people have told me they love drinking it too. Since it has raw honey in it, I didn't have any during my January Whole30, but I always add it back in when I'm not Whole30-ing.
This time, I've been playing with some different recipes and landed on one that tastes so amazing I can't wait to share it with you...because it has even more healthy benefits in it...AND it tastes like apple pie in a mug;)
I've heard about the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for some time, but I think it tastes nasty when I've tried it in the past and had thought nope, it 's not for me. I always have Bragg's ACV in my fridge because it's my secret ingredient in my homemade mayo that I make every week! The key for me to be able to handle the taste was balancing it out with honey...
So what are some of the health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar? It can:
- Relieve constipation/stimulate digestion
- Fight acid reflux
- Promote a healthy gut by promoting good bacteria
- Cure candida (yeast)
- Detox/Flush harmful toxins from the body
- Regulate pH
- Lower blood pressure
- Balance blood sugar
- Fight cancer/rich with antioxidants
- Fight allergies/support lymphatic drainage
- Clears sinuses/helps break up mucus
- Aid in weight loss/fat loss/reduce sugar cravings
- Fights colds/boosts immune system
- Improve skin
When I recently was in the Nutrition School, I also learned about the health benefits of cinnamon. The one that interested me most was the fact that it has anti-inflammatory properties. We all need help with that these days! Inflammation can wreak havoc on our bodies causing all kinds of problems. I sprinkle it in my coffee every day....but I'd never tried it in my tea until now!
I go over the amazing health benefits of lemon and ginger in that blog post, so you can check that out here. I do want to mention honey here though. Not all honey is created equal and if you get a high quality, raw honey....it even has health benefits too. You can see the one I use in the pic above and get it HERE.
This raw honey actually is 100% pure, unpasteurized, and unfiltered. This means is has the highest possible levels of live enzymes, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants...full beneficial factors as a functional whole food. Plus, it tastes amazing.
APPLE PIE DETOX TEA:
- 1 cup warm water (just fill your mug;)
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 2 tsp Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (it'll say "with the mother" on the bottle)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (1/2 a lemon)
- 1 tsp fresh pressed Ginger Juice (or grated raw ginger...the juice is super convenient)
- Generous sprinkle of cinnamon
Mix well so the honey is fully melted and mixed in. By all means adjust the ingredients to your liking! Add more APV or ginger juice if you choose! I hope you enjoy this extremely healthy apple pie tasting, warm drink...this benefits you MOST when you drink it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. What a wonderful way to start your day!