- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, sifted
- 5 large eggs, whisked
- juice from 2 lemons
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of fine-grain sea salt
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 9 paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut flour, coconut sugar, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, baking soda, and salt until smooth. Pour the batter into the lined muffin tins.
- In a blender, puree the blackberries and honey until smooth. Use a spoon to add about 1 tablespoon of the blackberry puree on top of each muffin, then use a knife to swirl the blackberry through the batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Let cool in the muffin tin on a cooling rack before removing and serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
If you're looking for a great lemon muffin for breakfast or a snack....these will not disappoint! The swirl makes them so beautiful, impress your guests with these alongside a fancy healthy brunch...you can make them ahead to save time! The whole family will love them! You can also try these using blueberries or raspberries! Enjoy!
-This recipe is based on a raspberry version in The Paleo Kitchen cookbook.