These maple-spiced walnuts are so easy to make and are so delicious! They add the perfect sweet and spicy crunchy-ness to your dishes! I first made them to go with Walnut Prawns...and they are so amazing, I will be making these often just to snack on!
You will need...
- 6 oz raw walnuts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (I use Grade B)
- 1 tablespoon melted ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and position the rack in the middle position.
- Add the walnuts, maple syrup, melted ghee or coconut oil, salt, and cayenne pepper to a bowl, stir to combine the ingredients. Make sure the nuts are well coated, then spread them in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the nuts for 15 minutes or until fragrant, stirring often to ensure even cooking. Keep a close eye on them to prevent scorching, especially in the last few minutes.
- Take the walnuts out of the oven, and give them on final toss. They'll be sticky but the coating will harden once the nuts cool down.
These nuts will be delicious on salads, sweet & spicy dishes, ice cream, or for anytime snacking! I've made them again, doubled the recipe, and did half walnuts/half pecans!! De-Lish!!!
This was my husband's favorite use....on coconut vanilla ice cream, with Coconut Whipped Cream, sprinkled with cinnamon. I have to agree....the sweet and spicy...with the ice cream...and the whipped cream...WOW. As soon as he was done, he said, "Can I have more?"
...Also fantastic combo for a light lunch or snack...Apples, Goat Brie with these nuts! We had a new neighbor bring us some delicious Fuji apples from their garden and all of these textures and flavors together were perfect!
-This recipe is from Nom Nom Paleo