- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, fresh or canned (Sprouts carries BPA-free lined cans!)
- 1/3 cup Grade B maple syrup (you could also use raw honey)
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/4 cup carob chips or chips of choice, nuts,... I sprinkled unsweetened coconut on top!
How to make....
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the flours, spices, and salt (all the dry ingredients)
- In a stand mixer, beat all the wet ingredients on high, or use a hand mixer.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Gently mix in the optional items.
- Pour the batter into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
These are Paleo-friendly and DELICIOUS! I know it's summer, so I don't know what I'm doing making something that sounds so "Fall".... but they taste great any season!! ;)
Recipe from the cookbook: Against All Grain