I've been searching for a while to find a Paleo version of those....these are close!!!! These Paleo thin and crispy chocolate cookies are AMAZING. I'm a fan of a thin and crispy chocolate chip cookie. My family tried these and they said that these might be the best cookies I've made yet....even before I made "healthy" cookies!! I had to agree!
These are super tasty. Here's what you'll need: Makes 1 1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or grain-free dairy-free chips)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone pat or parchment paper. This is important, I was out the first time I made these and made them without and they stuck! Use it and they won't crumble getting them off;)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the salt, tapioca flour, coconut flour, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Continue to beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the dry ingredients, and then the water. Beat until the mixture combines. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons at least 3 inches apart on the baking sheet. Press the cookies flat with your hands or a fork.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on baking sheet before serving.
These chocolate chip cookies hit the spot when you're craving a GOOOOD classic thin and crispy cookie. The flavor is right on. My stepson and husband are asking when I'll be making these again because they did not last long! These with a little almond milk...or even better, a scoop of coconut milk vanilla ice cream....YUM.